Friday, 07 January
298. Illness and the Female Body as Text
1:45–3:00 p.m., 409A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by Feministas Unidas
Presiding: Stephanie Saunders, Capital Univ.
1. “To Sing Is Never Neutral: Immemorial Violence in Claudia Llosa’s La teta asustada,” Lynn Healy, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
2. “Filmic Sick Bodies: Lesbianism in Argentine Cinema of the 1950s,” Andrea Castelluccio, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
3. “Female Mental Illness and Dystopia in Marge Piercy’s Woman on the Edge of Time,” Amanda Thibodeau, Univ. of Miami
4. “Ailing Borders, Ailing Bodies: Healing the Anorexic Mexican Nation,” Sarah B. Anderson, California State Univ., Chico
For abstracts, visit http://feministas-unidas.org/ after 15 Dec.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|