Thursday, 06 January
134. Margaret Fuller: Writing the Self, Society, and Nation
5:15–6:30 p.m., Olympic I, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Margaret Fuller Society
Presiding: Jeffrey Allen Steele, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
1. “Margaret Fuller and the National Landscape of Washington Allston’s Paintings,” Aaron McClendon, Montclair State Univ.
2. “‘A Thinking Mind’: Margaret Fuller’s European Visions of America,” Sandra Alagona, Claremont Graduate Univ.
3. “‘But Will You Have Patience with My Democracy?’: Margaret Fuller’s Epistolary Negotiation of a Transnational Praxis,” Sonia Di Loreto, Univ. of Torino
4. “Margaret Fuller’s Life on Location,” Judith Strong Albert, Inst. for Historical Study
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|