542. Exaltadas: Women and Transcendentalism
Wednesday, 7 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., 308, WSCC
Program arranged by the Margaret Fuller Society
Presiding: Jana L. Argersinger, Washington State Univ., Pullman
Jana L. Argersinger's Annotation:
1. "What Margaret Thought of George," Gary Williams, Univ. of Idaho
2. "Female Transcendentalist Poetry," Jennifer Anne Gurley, Le Moyne Coll.
3. "Going against the Bias: Transcendentalism from Margaret Fuller to Mary Wilkins Freeman," Susan M. Stone, Loras Coll.
4. "Elizabeth Palmer Peabody: Woman of the Nineteenth Century," Phyllis B. Cole, Penn State Univ., Brandywine
Responding: Jeffrey Allen Steele, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|