Saturday, 27 December
38. Potentiality and the Unfinished States of Literature
3:30–4:45 p.m., Yerba Buena Salon 15, Marriott
Program arranged by the Graduate Student Caucus
Presiding: Margaret Ronda, Univ. of California, Berkeley
1. “J. M. Coetzee and the Political Condition: The Novel as a ‘Biologico-Literary Experiment,’” Arne De Boever, Columbia Univ.
2. “Bartleby the Dancer: Gestural Potentiality in Live Art,” Daniel Sack, Stanford Univ.
3. “The Earth Herself Recoiled: Reading Collective Insurgency in ‘Weird Fiction,’” Brandon Jernigan, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “The Secret Life of Potentiality: Transatlantic Rebellion in Irish and Caribbean Terror Fiction,” Alysia Garrison, Univ. of California, Davis
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|