Friday, 30 December
753. Langston Hughes: Writer without Borders II
1:45–3:00 p.m., Wilson C, Marriott
Program arranged by the Langston Hughes Society
Presiding: Dellita L. Martin-Ogunsola, Univ. of Alabama, Birmingham
1. “Fathering Africanness in Langston Hughes,” Tara T. Green, Northern Arizona Univ.
2. “China as Langston Hughes’s Metaphor for Humanity,” Lianggong Luo, Wuhan Univ. of Tech.
3. “The Aesthetics of Cultural Transfer in Langston Hughes’s Translations: Lorca, Guillén, and Roumain,” Dellita L. Martin-Ogunsola
4. “The ‘Subliminal Whisper’: The Big Sea’s Global Point of View,” Joseph Downing Thompson, Washington Univ.
For copies of abstracts, visit langstonhughessociety.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|