395. Nabokov and American Literature: Intertexts and Influence
Sunday, 4 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., Beacon E, Sheraton
Program arranged by the International Vladimir Nabokov Society
Presiding: Christopher A. Link, State Univ. of New York, New Paltz
1. "The Indeterminate Double in Nabokov and Poe," Mark Noble, Georgia State Univ.
2. "Henry James and Vladimir Nabokov: Male Libido and Female Sexual Precocity in Lolita and What Maisie Knew," Afrin Zeenat, Univ. of Arkansas, Fayetteville
3. "Nabokov and Edmund Wilson: When Friends Turn Enemies," Catharine Theimer Nepomnyashchy, Barnard Coll.
4. "Reverse-Engineering the Elephant: Nabokov as Seen through Contemporary American Literature," Juan Martinez, Lebanon Valley Coll.
For abstracts, visit web.utk.edu/~sblackwe/nabamerican.htm.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|