Wednesday, 30 December
736. Kafka Anew: Multiple Perspectives
1:45–3:00 p.m., Washington B, Loews
Program arranged by the Kafka Society of America
Presiding: Mark Harman, Elizabethtown Coll.
1. “Conversational Interactions in Kafka and Pinter: A Linguistic Analysis,” Pamela S. Saur, Lamar Univ.
2. “Sonorous Intrusions: Translation of Sound in Kafka’s Der Process,” Shambhavi Prakash, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. “The Cloudy Spot at the Center of the Father’s Concern: Kafka and Benjamin on Legal Violence and Narrative Postponement,” Agnes Malinowska, Univ. of Chicago
4. “Embracing Failure: Kafka on Film,” Hugo Rios, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|