Saturday, 29 December
526. Doris Lessing and Modernism
1:45–3:00 p.m., Horner, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Doris Lessing Society
Presiding: Tonya M. Krouse, Northern Kentucky Univ.
1. “The Synergy of Gender and Vision in Lessing’s Memoirs of a Survivor and The Fifth Child,” Debrah K. Raschke, Southeast Missouri State Univ.
2. “The Golden Notebook and Modernist Exhaustion,” C. Brook Miller, Univ. of Minnesota, Morris
3. “‘Beyond the Personal’: Lessing’s Ethic of Impersonality in The Memoirs of a Survivor,” Cornelius Collins, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
4. “Making Up in Rhys and Lessing: Modernist Aesthetics and Postcolonial Female Subjectivity,” Tonya M. Krouse
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|