Tuesday, 29 December
402. Old Texts, Modern Music
10:15–11:30 a.m., Congress B, Loews
Program arranged by the Lyrica Society for Word-Music Relations
Presiding: Ronnie Susan Apter, Central Michigan Univ.
1. “Martinů’s Musical Response to The Epic of Gilgamesh,” Judith Mabary, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
2. “The Modern Minnesinger: Weill’s Frauentanz,” Jeff Dailey, Five Towns Coll.
3. “The Timeliness of Durufle’s Requiem,” Leslie Sprout, Drew Univ.
4. “‘To Mine Herte Is Mad a Wounde’: Britten and the Signs of Death,” Blake Howe, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
5. “De Do Do Dowland: Sting’s Revoicing of Early English Lyric,” Audrey L. Becker, Marygrove Coll.
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|