279. Dadaphone: Indeterminacy in Words and Music
Sunday, 10 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Huron, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Lyrica Society for Word-Music Relations and the Association for the Study of Dada and Surrealism
Presiding: Jeff Dailey, Five Towns Coll.
1. "Black Dada," Kathy Lou Schultz, Univ. of Memphis
2. "Aleatory Adaptation and Indeterminate Interpretation: Radiohead's In Rainbows as Faustian Rock Opera," Meg Tarquinio Roche, Northeastern Univ.
3. "Game Changer: Cage's Word-Music Combination in 'Renunion' and 'Solo 23,'" Sydney Boyd, Rice Univ.
4. "Graphic Notation in Contemporary Music and Its Debt to Dada," Laura Prichard, Univ. of Massachusetts, Lowell
For abstracts, visit lyricasociety.org.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|