Saturday, 30 December
706. Art(or)Fact in United States Ethnic Literatures
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 413, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by MELUS: The Society for the Study of the Multi-Ethnic Literature of the United States
Presiding: Wenxin Li, Suffolk County Community Coll., Ammerman Campus, NY
1. “The Social Justice of Pauline Hopkins’s Theatrical Aesthetic,” April Catrina Logan, Temple Univ.
2. “Ideas and Black Velvet: James Baldwin, Race, and Aesthetics,” William Lyne, Western Washington Univ.
3. “Mirror or Hammer: The Art of Protest Literature,” Kimberly S. Drake, Scripps Coll.
4. “A New Beauty: Anzia Yezierska’s Immigrant Women and the Making of Modern America,” Susan L. Edmunds, Syracuse Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|