193. Pre-Raphaelite, Aesthetic, and Fin de Siècle Children's Literature
Sunday, 10 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Addison, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the William Morris Society and the Children's Literature Association
Presiding: Andrea Donovan, Minot State Univ.
1. "Laurence Housman's Field of Clover and the Pre-Raphaelite Politics of Making," Lorraine Janzen Kooistra, Ryerson Univ.
2. "Mapping the Invisible and the Multivalent: Arthur Hughes's Illustrations for George MacDonald's At the Back of the North Wind," Carey Gibbons, Courtauld Inst. of Art
3. "Illustrated Labors: Text, Textile, and 'Wise-talk' in Christina Rossetti's Sing-Song," Jesse Cordes Selbin, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. "Art Critics in the Cradle: Fin de Siècle Painting Books and the Move to Modernism," Victoria Ford Smith, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|