Saturday, 08 January
621. The Portable Stage: Theories of Theater from Lessing to Heine
5:15–6:30 p.m., 301B, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the North American Heine Society and the G. E. Lessing Society
Presiding: Barbara Fischer, Univ. of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
1. “Co-Opting Classicism: Helfrich Peter Sturz, Johann Joachim Winckelmann, and the Mannheim National Theater,” Daniel John Kramer, Washington and Lee Univ.
2. “Adam Müller’s Theory of a Universal Comedy and the Romantic Rediscovery of the Improvisational Theater,” Edgar Landgraf, Bowling Green State Univ.
3. “Lessing’s Dramaturgy of an Imaginary Stage,” Mimmi Woisnitza, Univ. of Chicago
4. “Lessing’s Dramatic Fragment and Heine’s Dance Poem on Faust,” Beate Allert, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|