Thursday, 27 December
32. Pirandello’s On Humor (L’umorismo), 1908: Centennial Program: Instances
3:30–4:45 p.m., Parlor G, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Pirandello Society of America
Presiding: John Louis DiGaetani, Hofstra Univ.
1. “Humor in the Passive, the Active, and the Insane,” Silvia Abbiati, Ithaca Coll.
2. “How Form and Content Contain Laughter,” Florin Berindeanu, Case Western Reserve Univ.
3. “I Am ... or Am I in the Eyes of the Beholder?” Carmela Scala, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
4. “Carlo Gozzi and Pirandello: The Tradition Continues,” John Louis DiGaetani
5. “On Humor Strategies in It Is So (If You Think So),” Lidia Ciccone, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
For copies of abstracts, visit www.pirandellosocietyofamerica.org.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|