326. Pirandello and Cinema: Adaptations, Reexaminations, and Representations
Wednesday, 6 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Virginia, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Pirandello Society of America
Presiding: John P. Welle, Univ. of Notre Dame
1. "Pirandello and the Philosophic Eye of Cinema," Federico Pacchioni, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
2. "George Fitzmaurice's As You Desire Me (1932): Theatrical versus Cinematic Horizons of Expectations and Greta Garbo's Elusive Identity," Claudia Consolati, Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. "La canzone dell'amore: Adapting Pirandello to Fascist Propaganda," Paolo Campolonghi, New York Univ.
4. "Screening Decadence: Vittorio De Sica's Adriana Takes a Trip," Lisa Sarti, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
For abstracts, visit www.pirandellosocietyofamerica.org.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|