Saturday, 08 January
535. Masks, Marionettes, Puppets in Modern Italian Culture
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 306A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Pirandello Society of America
Presiding: Jana O’Keefe Bazzoni, Baruch Coll., City Univ. of New York
1. “Clothes (Don’t) Make the (Wo)Man: Costume as Mask and Identity in Enrico IV and Nostra Dea,” Stefano Boselli, Gettysburg Coll.
2. “Puppets and Marionettes on the Italian Screen: A Taxonomy of Genealogies,” Federico Pacchioni, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “The Face behind the Mask: Identity in the Works of Grazia Deledda and Luigi Pirandello,” Rhianedd Jewell, Univ. of Oxford
4. “Pulcinella in Paris,” Daniela Bini, Univ. of Texas, Austin
For abstracts, visit www.pirandellosocietyofamerica.org.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|