279. From Imagism to "Amygism" to Vorticism
Sunday, 4 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Gardner, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Ezra Pound Society
Presiding: Alec Marsh, Muhlenberg Coll.
1. "War All the Time: Periodicals as Battleground," Abel Debritto, Brown Univ.
2. "Pound's Imagism/Vorticism and the European Avant-Garde," Sze Wah Sarah Lee, Univ. of London, Goldsmiths Coll.
3. "The Fall of the House of Ezra: How Amy Lowell Used Edgar Allan Poe to Americanize Imagism," Melissa Bradshaw, Loyola Univ., Chicago
4. "Another Term: Richard Aldington and Imagism(e)," Tyler Babbie, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|