Tuesday, 29 December
415. Heritage and Trauma Tourism
10:15–11:30 a.m., Washington C, Loews
Program arranged by the Romanian Studies Association of America
Presiding: Valentina N. Glajar, Texas State Univ.
1. “The Journey of No Return: Exile as an Ontological State,” Domnica Radulescu, Washington and Lee Univ.
2. “Remedial Autobiographies: Framing an Absence in Texts by Hans-Ulrich Treichel and Films by Volker Koepp,” Valentina N. Glajar
3. “The Perils of Going Back: Seeking and Making Roots in Lisa Rosenbaum’s A Day of Small Beginnings,” Marta Bladek, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
4. “The Road Back There: Remembering Transnistria in Miriam Bercovici’s Diaries,” Corina Liliana Petrescu, Univ. of Mississippi
5. “Birthplace: Henryk Grynberg’s Return ‘Home,’” Katarzyna Jerzak, Univ. of Georgia
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|