220. Literature, Gender, and the Press: Around and beyond George Sand
Monday, 6 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Aspen, Sheraton
Program arranged by the George Sand Association and Women in French
Presiding: Catherine M. J. Nesci, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
1. "Après George Sand: Être une femme journaliste dans la presse d'opinion," Marie-Eve Thérenty, Univ. of Montpellier III
2. "'My Twin Sister': George Sand, Lydia Maria Child, and the Epistolary Journalistic Essay," Charlene Avallone, Kailua, HI
3. "Mother and Daughter: Le journal des demoiselles and the Fashioning of Female Accomplishment," Susan Elizabeth Hiner, Vassar Coll.
4. "Writing on Writing: Book Reviews in Women's Periodicals of the Early July Monarchy," Cheryl Ainley Morgan, Hamilton Coll.
For abstracts, bibliographies, and a description of the panel, visit www.hofstra.edu/georgesand.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|