197. Histoires de leurs vies: Women Writers' Biographies after Sand
Sunday, 4 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., 306, Hynes
Program arranged by the George Sand Association
Presiding: Janet L. Beizer, Harvard Univ.; Alexandra K. Wettlaufer, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. "Reimagining the Muse's Life: Louise Colet as Writer," Mary Rice-DeFosse, Bates Coll.
2. "The Comtesse de Loynes and the Question of Operatic Biography," Evlyn Gould, Univ. of Oregon
3. "Her Side of the Story: The Legacy of Isabelle Rimbaud," Laure Anne Katsaros, Amherst Coll.
4. "From George Sand's Soup to Colette's Carpet: The Woman Writer in Belle Epoque Women's Magazines," Rachel L. Mesch, Yeshiva Univ., New York
For abstracts and bibliographies, visit www.hofstra.edu/georgesand.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|