66. Early Modern Knowledge Transfer
Tuesday, 5 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Virginia, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Society for German Renaissance and Baroque Literature
Presiding: Patrick Brugh, Washington Univ. in St. Louis
1. "Translating History, Shaping Nation: Nationalism, Humanism, Vernacular, and the Printing Press," Jan Hon, Ludwig Maximilian Univ.
2. "Gender, Sociability, and New Technologies: Emblems in Seventeenth-Century Nürnberg," Mara R. Wade, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
3. "Baroque Poets Enlightened: Lessing and Ramler Plan an Anthology," Bryn Savage, Yale Univ.
4. "Petrarchism, Gallantry, and the Transfer of Knowledge in the German Baroque Sonnet," Jan Oliver Jost-Fritz, Technische Universität Berlin
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|