Thursday, 30 December
740. Paris as Promised Land: Francophilia in Eastern Europe
1:45–3:00 p.m., Regency Ballroom C1, Loews
Program arranged by the Romanian Studies Association of America
Presiding: Marianne Hirsch, Columbia Univ.
1. “Panait Istrate, Francophile,” Roxana Michaela Verona, Dartmouth Coll.
2. “From Brasov to Paris: Brassaï’s Visions of 1930s Paris,” Sylvie Eve Blum-Reid, Univ. of Florida
3. “Paris Meets Prague: The Reception and Representation of the ‘Eiffelka,’” Martha B. Kuhlman, Bryant Coll.
4. “Paris in the Dialogue between Two Bulgarian Poets, Athanas Dalchev and Lachez Stanchev, and the Southeast European Literary Context of the 1920s,” Roumiana Stancheva, Balkan Inst., Sofia
Respondent: Jeanine Teodorescu-Regier, Dominican Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|