79. Gender and Medieval Literary Form
Sunday, 5 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., Virginia, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship
Presiding: Dorothy Kim, Vassar Coll.
1. "Redefining Genre and Gender: Reading Christine de Pizan's The Book of the City of Ladies as Historical Fiction," Tegan Zimmerman, Univ. of Alberta
2. "The Emerging Genre of Women's Visionary Texts in the Late Middle Ages," Barbara Zimbalist, Univ. of California, Davis
3. "Exploring Marguerite's Voice in the Middle English Translation of the Mirouer des simples âmes," Emilie Brancato, Univ. of Toronto
4. "The Filtered Voices of Margery Kempe," Eric J. Hyman, Fayetteville State Univ.
For abstracts, visit hosted.lib.uiowa.edu/smfs/mff/.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|