618. Medieval Gender and Space
Tuesday, 5 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 201, Hynes
Program arranged by the Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship
Presiding: Dorothy Kim, Vassar Coll.
1. "The Girl in the Tower: Saint Christina of Tyre in Late Medieval England," Natalia Khomenko, York Univ., Keele
2. "The Virgin in the Tomb: Stasis and Mobility in Cligès," Naomi Howell, Univ. of Exeter
3. "Classroom Spaces and the Fantasy of Male Reproduction in Late Medieval Mirrors for Princes," Karla Ann Merino Nielsen, Columbia Univ.
4. "Chaucer's Poetic Insinuations: Gendered Space and Aristocratic Aspirations in The Book of the Duchess," Shannon Meyer, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
For copies of papers, visit hosted.lib.uiowa.edu/smfs/mff/.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|