Thursday, 29 December
495. Cultures of Exhibition I: National Extensions
1:45–3:00 p.m., Hoover, Marriott
Program arranged by the Society for Critical Exchange
Presiding: Kurt M. Koenigsberger, Case Western Reserve Univ.
1. “‘New Journeys Every Week’: Fuhrmann’s Kaiserspanorama and the Age of Accelerated Colonialism,” Ilinca Iurascu, Univ. of Pennsylvania
2. “All Sorts and Conditions of Men: The Palace of Delight and the Dialectic of Spectacle and Publicity,” Meredith Martin, Univ. of Melbourne
3. “Ivory Balls and Porcelain Plates: Exhibiting China in Victorian London,” Elizabeth Chang, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
4. “Exhibiting the Colony, Suggesting the Nation: Japan and Taiwan 1935,” Joseph R. Allen, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
Respondent: Tanya Agathocleous, Yale Univ.
For copies of papers, visit www.case.edu/affil/sce.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|