Friday, 30 December
792. Cultures of Exhibition II: Global Circulations
1:45–3:00 p.m., Caucus, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Society for Critical Exchange
Presiding: Tanya Agathocleous, Yale Univ.
1. “‘Phantasmagorias of Capitalist Culture’: Visual Technologies of Early Globalization in Walter Benjamin’s Arcades Project,” Rolf Johannes Goebel, Univ. of Alabama, Huntsville
2. “Going Postal: On Colonial Algeria,” Leonard R. Koos, Univ. of Mary Washington
3. “From Rebels to Rickshaws: Early Cinematic Representations of the Chinese,” Ross Geoffrey Forman, School of Oriental and African Studies
4. “The Modern Historical Pageant: Commodifying Locality,” Ayako Yoshino, Waseda Univ.
Respondent: Kurt M. Koenigsberger, Case Western Reserve Univ.
For copies of papers, visit www.case.edu/affil/sce.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|