Sunday, 28 December
192. Explaining the Literary Today: Memorial Session in Honor of Ralph W. Rader
8:30–9:45 a.m., Golden Gate 4, Hilton
Program arranged by the Society for the Study of Narrative Literature
Presiding: Dorothy J. Hale, Univ. of California, Berkeley
1. “Emma; or, The Masterpiece Spurned,” D. A. Miller, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. “Is the Novel a Genre?” Frances Ferguson, Johns Hopkins Univ.
3. “Form, History, and Literary Explanation,” James P. Phelan, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
4. “Explaining Fiction,” Steven M. Knapp, George Washington Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|