353. The Mythic South: Mythology and Materialism of the American South
Wednesday, 6 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 615, WSCC
Program arranged by the Society for the Study of Southern Literature
Presiding: Daniel Cross Turner, Coastal Carolina Univ.
1. "Cormac McCarthy and the Myth of the Irish South," Bryan Giemza, Randolph-Macon Coll.
2. "Myth as Therapy in Lee Smith's Oral History," Thomas F. Haddox, Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville
3. "The Undead, Popular Culture, and Southern Figuration," Taylor Hagood, Florida Atlantic Univ.
4. "Totem to Fetish: The Mythos of Primitivism in William Faulkner's Native Fiction," Daniel Cross Turner
For abstracts, visit sssl.blogs.wm.edu/.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|