471. The Undead South: Beyond the Gothic
Tuesday, 5 January, 10:15–11:30 a.m., Liberty C, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Society for the Study of Southern Literature
Presiding: Eric Gary Anderson, George Mason Univ.; Daniel Cross Turner, Coastal Carolina Univ.
1. "Disrupting 'Hillbilly Horror': Documentary and Realism in Contemporary Films of the 'Mountain South,'" Leigh Anne Duck, Univ. of Mississippi
2. "Second Life: Salvage Operations in McCarthy's Undead South," Susan L. Edmunds, Syracuse Univ.
3. "When Dead Men Talk: Southern Pasts and the Promise of a Just Future," Brian J. Norman, Loyola Coll.
4. "Funeral Practices and Choctaw Women's Power in LeAnne Howe's Shell Shaker," Kirstin L. Squint, High Point Univ.
For abstracts, visit library.sc.edu/blogs/sssl/.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|