Saturday, 27 December
47. Emerging Trends and Voices in South Asian Literatures
3:30–4:45 p.m., Nob Hill B, Marriott
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: Rajender Kaur, William Paterson Univ.
1. “Emergent Trends in South Asian Fiction: The Bilingual Intellectual’s Literary Obsession with Dying Languages of the Global South,” Rashmi Bhatnagar, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
2. “Domestic Violence: Tahmima Anam’s A Golden Age and the Creation of Cultural Narratives,” Cara Cilano, Univ. of North Carolina, Wilmington
3. “Contemporary Indian Writing in English: Nonfiction Prose and Its Futures?” Rajeswari Sunder Rajan, New York Univ.
4. “Beyond the Navel-Gazing of Partition to Violence at the Edges of the Republic: The Northeast in Recent Indian Literature in English,” Rajender Kaur
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|