Thursday, 27 December
34. Popular Culture and the South Asian Imagination
3:30–4:45 p.m., Ohio, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: Moumin Quazi, Tarleton State Univ.
1. “Anxieties of Authenticity in Four South Asian Films,” Anupama Jain, Union Coll., NY
2. “Lagaan and the Denial of Nationalism,” Madhurima Chakraborty, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
3. “Truth, Ecstasy, and Power: Sufiana, Sufi Rock, and the State of Pakistan,” Mahwash Shoaib, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
4. “Film, Dreams, and Mind Games: A Look at Visions in The Satanic Verses,” Moumin Quazi
For copies of abstracts, write to email@example.com.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|