654. "Continuous Voyage Orders": From Komagata Maru to the Aftermath of 9/11
Friday, 8 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Ballard, Sheraton
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: John Charles Hawley, Santa Clara Univ.
1. "Recovering the History of South Asian Immigration to the Pacific Northwest," Nalini Iyer, Seattle Univ.
2. "Post 9/11 Negotiations: Identity and Distortion in H. M. Naqvi's Home Boy," Mayuri Deka, Coll. of the Bahamas
3. "Asking the Hard Questions and Saying the Harsh Things: Indian Responses to Terror and 9/11," Harveen Sachdeva Mann, Loyola Univ., Chicago
4. "Reconstructing an Alternative Genealogy of South Asian Presence in Recent South Asian American Literature," Rajender Kaur, William Paterson Univ.
For abstracts, visit www.southasianliteraryassociation.org/.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|