507. Twenty-First-Century Stevens: Modernism and Its Aftermaths
Tuesday, 7 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., 309, WSCC
Program arranged by the Wallace Stevens Society
Presiding: Lee M. Jenkins, University Coll., Cork; Edward Ragg, Tsinghua Univ.
1. "Flying out of Sight? How the Critical Paradigms of World Literature and Genetic Criticism Affect Stevens's Place within the Modernist Canon," Bart P. Eeckhout, Univ. of Antwerp
2. "Reexamining Wallace Stevens in a Time of War," Rachel Galvin, Princeton Univ.
3. "Of Critics and Connoisseurs: Historicism and Stevens's Place in American Literary History," Patrick Redding, Manhattanville Coll.
4. "Meditations on the Authoritarian Character: Stevens and Fascism," Jill Richards, Univ. of California, Berkeley
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|