Wednesday, 29 December
436. Varieties of South Asian Feminism
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Tubman, Loews
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: Hena Ahmad, Truman State Univ.
1. “The Hindu Right and the Rhetoric of Feminism: The Fate of Secularism in The Moor’s Last Sigh,” Lopamudra B. Basu, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
2. “‘Toward a New Theory of Gender’? Indian Feminist Fiction, 1993–2003,” Josna E. Rege, Dartmouth Coll.
3. “South Asian Feminism and Film,” Jaspal Kaur Singh, Northern Michigan Univ.
4. “Feminist Representations of Immigrant Mothers and Daughters in South Asian Women’s Literature,” Lavina Dhingra Shankar, Bates Coll.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|