Wednesday, 28 December
226. Literary Representations of Historical Medieval Women
1:45–3:00 p.m., Hamilton, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship
Presiding: Sara Suzanne Poor, Princeton Univ.
1. “Anchored in Tradition: The Cinematic Refashioning of the Anchoress,” Lauren Ermel, Univ. of Florida
2. “Marie de France’s Vindictive Queen: A Study of ‘Lanval’ and Its Origins,” Kristin Bovaird-Abbo, Univ. of Kansas
3. “A Court in Mourning: Edward I, Eleanor of Castile, and the Heroine of the Middle English Romance Havelok the Dane,” Donna Hobbs, Univ. of Texas, Austin
4. “Sade’s Depiction of Isabeau de Bavière,” Josette A. Wisman, American Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|