634. Spaces at the Margins, Alternative Spaces
Monday, 5 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 305, Hynes
Program arranged by the American Portuguese Studies Association and the Division on Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature
Presiding: Emanuelle K. F. Oliveira, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. "Brasília: Literally Central, Literarily Marginal," Sophia Beal, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
2. "Toward a New Cinematic Landscape: Early Film and the Public Sphere in Brazil," Maite Conde, King's College, London
3. "No Tempo de Zicartola: Cultural Mediation between Favela and Asfalto in Rio de Janeiro, 1963–65," Elise M. Dietrich, Tulane Univ.
4. "Literature That Speaks from the Streets: Literatura Periférica in São Paulo," Eliseo Jacob, Univ. of Texas, Austin
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|