Friday, 07 January
244. Remapping the American West
10:15–11:30 a.m., Platinum Salon H, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Western Literature Association
Presiding: Alexander J. Hunt, West Texas A&M Univ.
1. “Brokeback Mountain’s Broken and Unbroken Ground,” William Handley, Univ. of Southern California
2. “Critical Regionalism, Minor Cinema, and the Post-Western,” Neil Campbell, Univ. of Derby
3. “‘Down These Mean Streets’: Deadwood, Cinematic Space, and the Irruption of Genre Codes,” Nicolas S. Witschi, Western Michigan Univ.
4. “Mamasans Don’t Let Your Sons Grow Up to be Cowboys: Reconfigurations of the Wild West in Transnational Asian/American Literature and Popular Culture,” Stewart L. Chang, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|