Thursday, 30 December
725. Ezra Pound’s Patria Mia: Forms of an American Renaissance
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Independence Ballroom Salon I, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Ezra Pound Society
Presiding: Evelyn Harris Haller, Doane Coll.
1. “Double-Screen Documentary: What Did Lorenzo de Medici and a Poet from Philadelphia Know about Building a Renaissance That the Sultan of Zammbuk Did Not?” Emily Mitchell Wallace, Bryn Mawr Coll.
2. “Pound’s Philadelphia, Philadelphia’s Pound: Some Sociological Speculations,” Burton N. Hatlen, Univ. of Maine, Orono
3. “Ezra Pound’s American Scenes: Henry James and the ‘Labour of Translation,’” Daniel Paul Katz, Univ. of Paris VII, Denis Diderot
4. “In the Quest for an American Renaissance, Discovering the American Baroque: Pound Rewriting Ovid’s Metamorphoses in The Cantos,” Chantal Sylvie Bizzini, Univ. of Paris III, Sorbonne Nouvelle
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|