Saturday, 08 January
526. Lives on the Move: Nomadic Narratives
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 402A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Comparative Studies in Medieval Literature
Presiding: Lynn Tarte Ramey, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. “Crusader Vikings and Far-Faring Texts: Exploring the Nomadism of Magnussona Saga,” Leila Norako, Univ. of Rochester
2. “Waiting for Prester John: A Nomadic Narrative of Mutable Parts,” Christopher Taylor, Univ. of Texas, Austin
3. “Mongols on the Move: Two Histories of World Domination,” Margaret Kim, National Tsing Hua Univ.
4. “New Worlds, Old Monsters: The Vinland Sagas, the Americas, and Medieval Travel Metanarratives,” Matthew Scribner, Queen’s Univ.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|