519. Medieval Race and Ethnicity
Tuesday, 7 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Willow B, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on Comparative Studies in Medieval Literature
Presiding: Nicole Nolan Sidhu, East Carolina Univ.
1. "The Other through the Eyes of Another Other: Early Modern Jewish Epic and Islam," Jerold C. Frakes, Univ. at Buffalo, State Univ. of New York
2. "Contesting Racial and Religious Oppression through Prophecy: Khaqani of Shirwani's Christian Qasida," Rebecca Gould, Wissenschaftskolleg zu Berlin
3. "Race, Place, and Dietary Primitivism in Medieval Cosmography," Alexander Wolfe, Univ. of Chicago
4. "The 'Cruel and Evil People' of the Holy Land," Tara Foster, Northern Michigan Univ.
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|