Thursday, 27 December
147. Traumatic Experience of the Baroque
8:45–10:00 p.m., Parlor C, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Comparative Studies in Renaissance and Baroque Literature
Presiding: Gordon Teskey, Harvard Univ.
1. “Allegory and Empire in Sigüenza y Góngora’s 1680 Triumphal Arch,” Anna H. More, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Baroque Aesthetics and Mexican Colonial Trauma: Las Casas and ‘las Iglesias,’” Sara L. Lehman, Fordham Univ., Bronx
3. “Traumatic Foundations: Postconquest Literature in Catalonia,” Aaron J. Ilika, Univ. of Pennsylvania
4. “Navigating Baroque Trauma,” Christopher Dean Johnson, Harvard Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|