Wednesday, 29 December
545. Comparing Knowledges: Disciplines, Epistemes, Institutions I
3:30–4:45 p.m., Washington A, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Comparative Studies in Romanticism and the Nineteenth Century
Presiding: Kevin Michael McLaughlin, Brown Univ.
1. “Poetics and Epigenesis in Early Romanticism,” Denise Gigante, Stanford Univ.
2. “Encyclopedism and Interdisciplinarity in Hegel and German Idealism,” Tilottama Rajan, Univ. of Western Ontario
3. “Art beyond Production: Hegel’s Critique of Cultural Historicism,” Jan Mieszkowski, Reed Coll.
4. “Turning the Outside In: Claude Bernard: ‘Milieu Intérieur’ and the Biopolitics of the Biomedical Imagination,” Ed Cohen, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|