Saturday, 27 December
102. War on Gender, Gender on War
7:00–8:15 p.m., Lombard, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Women’s Studies in Language and Literature
Presiding: María Herrera-Sobek, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
1. “Making (and Unmaking) a Military Man: Iraq, Gender, and the Failure of the Masculine Collective,” Stacey L. Peebles, Univ. of Houston, University Park
2. “Chicana Writing and the Vietnam War: Recognition and the Politics of Chicana Grief and Grievance,” Belinda Rincón, Cornell Univ.
3. “War, Gender, and American Nationhood in Tim O’Brien’s ‘Sweetheart of Song Tra Bong,’” Jennifer Shaddock, Univ. of Wisconsin, Eau Claire
4. “The War on AIDS: The President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) as ‘Humanitarian War,’” Christine Cynn, Barnard Coll.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|