Thursday, 29 December
476. United States Ethnic Literatures and Marxism: A Dialogue
1:45–3:00 p.m., Virginia Suite C, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Ethnic Studies in Language and Literature
Presiding: Marcial Gonzalez, Univ. of California, Berkeley
1. “Marxism in an Age of Bush,” David Palumbo-Liu, Stanford Univ.
2. “Class, Enclosures, and Ethnic Literature,” Rosaura Sanchez, Univ. of California, San Diego
3. “X Marks the Spot: Marxism and the African Diaspora,” Cynthia Ann Young, Boston Coll.
4. “Rethinking Asian American Literary History,” Colleen Lye, Univ. of California, Berkeley
5. “United States Ethnic Studies and World Crisis,” Anthony D. Dawahare, California State Univ., Northridge
|© 2013 Modern Language Association.|