578. South Asians in North America: Interethnic Readings
Monday, 11 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Great America, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Ethnic Studies in Language and Literature
Presiding: Amritjit Singh, Ohio Univ., Athens
1. "M. N. Roy's Memoirs: Internationalist Autobiography, Afro-American-Asian Solidarity, and the Question of Genre," Auritro Majumder, Syracuse Univ.
2. "Vijay Prashad and Black Belt: Positioning South Asian Americans within an Afro-Asian American Visual Art Context," Maya Winfrey, New York Univ.
3. "The City as a 'Contact Zone': Reinscribing 'American Space' in Meena Alexander's Manhattan Music," Xiaojing Zhou, Univ. of the Pacific
4. "Asians in the South: Prehistories of Asian Belonging in Mira Nair's Mississippi Masala," Gaurav G. Desai, Tulane Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|