Wednesday, 30 December
632. Quotation, Sampling, and Appropriation in Audiovisual Production
8:30–9:45 a.m., 406, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Film
Presiding: Nora M. Alter, Univ. of Florida; Paul D. Young, Vanderbilt Univ.
1. “‘We the People’: Imagining Communities in Dave Chappelle’s Block Party,” Badi Sahar Ahad, Loyola Univ., Chicago
2. “Pinning Down the Pinup: The Revival of Vintage Sexuality in Film, Television, and New Media,” Mabel Rosenheck, Univ. of Texas, Austin
3. “Playful Quotations,” Lin Zou, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
4. “For the Record: The DJ Is a Critic, ‘Constructing a Sort of Argument,’” Mark McCutcheon, Athabasca Univ.
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|