739. Creative Nonfiction in a Global Frame
Friday, 8 January, 1:45–3:00 p.m., Columbia, Sheraton
Program arranged by the Division on Nonfiction Prose Studies, Excluding Biography and Autobiography
Presiding: Amardeep Singh, Lehigh Univ.
1. "Making the Stranger Strange in Burma," Madelyn Detloff, Miami Univ., Oxford
2. "Radical Form as Political Consciousness: Allen Ginsberg’s Indian Journals," Susan E. Lewak, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. "This Novel Is Not a Novel: Memoir, Testimony, and Representation in A Sunday at the Pool in Kigali," Jennifer Yusin, Drexel Univ.
4. " Literary Nonfiction from Contemporary India: More Than Just a (Trans)National Longing for Form?" Avishek Ganguly, Rhode Island School of Design
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|