303. Activist Poetics: Jayne Cortez and Adrienne Rich
Saturday, 10 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Addison, Chicago Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Poetry
Presiding: Meta DuEwa Jones, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. "Potential Energy: Not-Yet-Activism and Adrienne Rich's 'Dreamwood,'" Kimberly Quiogue Andrews, Yale Univ.
2. "Taking the Blues Back Home: Jayne Cortez's Ecopoetics," Jennifer Denise Ryan, Buffalo State Coll., State Univ. of New York
Jennifer Denise Ryan's Annotation:
3. "Revisiting the Politics of the Personal: Adrienne Rich's 'Axel Akabar' Sequence," Donna Krolik Hollenberg, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
4. "No Poetry Will Serve: Adrienne Rich's Interstitial Living, Lyric's Cruel Optimism," Jeffrey Neilson, Brown Univ.
Responding: Meta DuEwa Jones
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|