Thursday, 27 December
53. Colonial Education in African Literatures
5:15–6:30 p.m., Michigan A, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on African Literatures
Presiding: Mohamed Kamara, Washington and Lee Univ.
1. “Colonial Education in Pierre Sammy’s L’odyssée de Mongou,” Mohamed Kamara
2. “National Catholicism, Fascism, and Colonial Education in Equatorial Guinea: Donato Ndongo’s Las tinieblas de tu memoria negra,” Marta Sofía López, Universidad de León
3. “Abbé David Boilat and French Colonial Education in Nineteenth-Century Senegal,” Kandioura Dramé, Univ. of Virginia
4. “Representation and Ideology in South African English Textbooks,” Rebecca Weaver-Hightower, Univ. of North Dakota
For copies of papers, write to KamaraM@wlu.edu.
|© 2014 Modern Language Association.|