Sunday, 28 December
191. Representations of Power in African Literature
8:30–9:45 a.m., Yerba Buena Salon 10, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on African Literatures
Presiding: Livinus Odozor, Univ. of Illinois, Springfield
1. “Tsitsi Dangarembga’s Nervous Conditions and the Power of the Upwardly Mobile,” Lou Freitas Caton, Westfield State Coll.
2. “Of Big Men and Bangala Thieves: Patrice Nganang’s Battle against Necropolitics,” Catherine Kroll, Sonoma State Univ.
3. “Courtroom Dramas, a Medical Mystery, and Problems of Sovereignty in West African Fiction and Cinema,” Matthew James Christensen, Univ. of Texas–Pan American
4. “The Cowife’s Water: Justice and Enterprise in Igbo Narratives,” Livinus Odozor
|© 2015 Modern Language Association.|